Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Strattice in Aesthetic Breast Surgery. Self-Study. Conference. LifeCell-Strattice

I had the great pleasure of attending the LifeCell educational forum this past weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada. The meeting was very helpful to solidify my experience with regenerative tissue matrices.

This conference came at a timely fashion for me as it reinforced my educational experience on the use of Strattice for revision aesthetic breast surgery in women with thinning tissues.

I have seen many women in consultation recently with fitness model physiques and a history of recurrent capsular contracture and severe thinning tissues.

As was taught to me by my mentor, the reinforcement of the thin lower pole skin with Strattice can help visible and palpable ripping in this population. The Strattice held in by marionette sutures and then sutured with long-acting absorbable will decrease the incidence of palpable rippling and may reduce the rate of capsular contracture.

Brian P. Dickinson, M.D.
www.drbriandickinson.com