Sunday, October 25, 2009

Facial Rejuvenation:The Importance of Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty




While I enjoy all aspects of Plastic & Reconstructive surgery, facelift surgery is particularly enjoyable to me. I am very fortunate to have a successful facelift practice at such an early point in my career. I am very grateful to have learned from such excellent mentors in Beverly Hills and I give the highest thanks to Dr. Giacobazzi, Dr. Moelleken, Dr. Markowitz, Dr. Perlman, Dr. Lesavoy, & Dr. Leaf for giving me the opportunity to watch and learn from them. They provided me with invaluable knowlege, experience, lessons, and insight.

As I review my results, I understand the importance of rejuvenation of the eyes to create a more youthful appearance to the face. As the face ages, the brow descends and skin accumulates around the upper lid and fat begins to herniate through the lower lids creating a tired appearance to the eye. While I do not encourage procedures during consultations, I often point out to patients who present for facelifts that small, subtle changes to the eye can yield a large difference. In this photograph one notices how effectively an upper blepharoplasty, or upper eyelid, procedure in conjunction with removal of fat from the lower eye can restore a youthful appearance to the face when utilized in conjunction with a facelift.
Brian P. Dickinson, M.D.